Questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I Need to Tryout?
Yes, you do need to tryout to be selected to a club team. We try our best to place as many athletes as possible on a team. If we have a high number of athletes trying out for a team we will do our best to run more teams at that age group. Generally we have 2 teams per age group. We offer house leagues or training teams at the younger levels (15u and younger) for athletes who are not selected to teams.
What If I can’t Make it to the Tryout for My Age Group?
Attendance is mandatory – athletes must attend at least one tryout to be considered for a Ducks team. In rare cases when this is not possible, a tryout exemption can be requested by emailing email@example.com. You will need to send a write-up or athletic resume highlighting your volleyball experience and achievements. Game film and/or reference letters from previous coaches would be good supporting material to include when requesting a tryout exemption. You may also request to come to a different tryout than your age group if the times work better.
When are Tryouts?
Tryouts time and dates vary, click here for more information or visit the tryout information portion of the website.
Do I Need Experience to Make a Team?
At the younger levels most athletes are inexperienced, and teams are selected based on future potential as well as current skill. Generally most athletes who make a team have played some volleyball before. House leagues are suggested for athletes who are new to the sport.
12U 262.50 + 262.50 Total – 525.00
13U 387.50 + 387.50 Total – 775.00
14U and 13U Nicole 412.50 + 412.50 Total – 825.00
14U HP 450.00 + 450.00 + 450.00 Total – 1350.00
15U 412.50 + 412.50 Total – 825.00
15U HP 450.00 + 450.00 + 450.00 Total – 1350.00
16U HP 500.00 + 500.00 + 500.00 Total – 1500.00
16-18U 425.00 + 425.00 Total – 850.00
17U HP 500.00 + 500.00 + 500.00 Total – 1500.00
16U HP 400.00 + 350.00 + 350.00 Total – 1100.00
17U 425.00 + 425.00 Total – 850.00
What Do Registration Fees Cover?
- A ticket to our year end Ducks banquet
- Club wide Team Snap access to communicate and manage the teams and club
- Volleyball BC registration
- Gym rental / 2 practices a week
- Coaching certification and training
- Coaching honorariums
- Gear: socks, 2 warm up shirts, 1 jersey, 1 piece of additional warm up gear
- Tournaments: Qualifiers and Provincial Championships, 4-5 additional tournaments (12U will have 2-3 tournaments)
In addition High Performance teams will recieve:
- Entry fee for 2 US 3 day travel tournaments
- Entrance fee for National Championships
- 3 practices a week
- 1 additional jersey
- Access to Hudl video software for recruitment, scouting, and athlete development
- Increased access to our Technical Director
Access to recruiting support staff
The costs for all Ducks teams are provided below.
- Pay by cheque at the registration night. All payments are expected at registration night.
- Non-HP teams can pay the full amount or in 2 installments with cheques dated Dec 14, 2017 and Jan 15, 2018
- HP teams can pay the full amount or in 3 installments dated Dec 14, 2017, Jan 1, 2018 and Jan 15, 2018
Please visit our financial aid section for our website: click here
Where Will Practices Be?
Practice locations vary, but most practices will be held at Elementary/Middle/High Schools in the Tri-Cities and at the Harry Jerome sports Center in Burnaby. Practice times are weeknights after 4 pm and end before 10pm, and occasionally on Sunday nights. Practices are allocated once teams are selected, based on athlete and coach availability.
When Will Games/Tournaments Be?
Volleyball is not run as a league, therefore any scheduling questions should be directed to the coach of your team. Your coach will be scheduling tournaments throughout the season and will provide you with a detailed schedule for the season that will include practice times, tournaments and provincials. Nationals are optional and are decided on a per team basis. The first tournaments start around the end of January.
What Age Group Should by Daughter be Playing in for 2018 Season?
U12 (born in 2006 or later)
U13 (born in 2005 or later)
U14 (born in 2004 or later)
U15 (born in 2003 or later)
U16 (born in 2002 or later)
U17 (born in 2001 or later)
U18 (born in 2000 or later)
Who do I Contact if I Have a Question About Playing Time or Other Team Concerns?
You must contact your coach first. All questions about playing time and team issues are dealt directly with the coach of your team. During this conversation, the athlete should be present as well to help clarify any questions or conversations that have been had directly between the coach and the athlete. If you feel your concern or question has not been addressed adequately, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Refunds for Camps, Clinics, Leagues & Beach Volleyball (Not regular season)
It is club policy that refunds will ONLY be given under extenuating circumstances. Return of the registration fee must be approved by the registrar and will be prorated if the sessions have already begun. Refunds are subject to:
- a $30.00 cancellation fee
- prorated amount, based on the amount of sessions elapsed
- deduction of unrecoverable costs (i.e. facility fees, affiliation fees, equipment, etc.)