Congratulations to Ducks U18 Elite Athletes Jayde Robertsen, Mia Ricci, Ansah Odoom, Bianca Te, Julia Rosenrauch, Lauren Poirier and Ashley Klassen for being recognized in the Province SUPER 15 and honorable mention list. All of these athletes compete and train with our Ducks U18 Bryan High Performance Team, and are dedicated, hard working, committed Ducks. The Ducks family is very proud of all of you for your accomplishments, and more importantly, for your growth and development into elite athletes and exemplarly leaders. #playlikeaduck #duckpride
Full Article: Click Here
THE SUPER 15 (DUCKS IN GREEN)
1. Kiera Van Ryk (Surrey Christian, 6-2 OH, UBC, 75 points) — Dominant attacker from front and back row, constant improvement made her the top left-side with junior national team.
2. Jayde Robertson (South Delta, 6-3 MB, Eastern Washington, 70) — With high ceiling, a physical force in middle that can score off one or two feet.
3. Mia Ricci (Notre Dame, 5-10 OH, SFU, 62) — Athletic and versatile, she’s a consistent scorer who is a steady prsence in the back court.
4. tie Ansah Odoom (Lord Tweedsmuir, 5-9 OH, TWU, 59) — Explosive athlete, can terminate from both sides. Relatively new to the sport but has big upside moving forward.
4. tie Sadie Taylor-Parks, Kelowna (6-0 MB, UBC Okanagan, 59) — Strong athlete, has the ability to play middle and wing positions. A great work ethic.
6. Olivia Heinen (Langley Christian, 5-9 S, 46) — Ability to distribute the ball to all positions on court, brings a sense of confidence to teammates.
7. Haley Goodwin (Dover Bay, 5-11 S, Toronto, 43) — Good size in the setting position and brings the experience of playing for both Team BC and Team Canada Youth to the table.
8. Farnaaz Johal (Princess Margaret (Penticton), 6-1 MB, SFU, 39) — A strong physical middle who hits well off one foot. A solid blocker with a powerful arm.
9. Avery Gammel (Mt. Boucherie, 5-11 S, 30) —Has shown steady improvement over past two years, now challenging for one of the top setting spots in Class of 2017.
10. Katie Ludvig (Sa-Hali, 5-9 L, TRU, 28) — Multi-sport athlete, her fitness level elite and all—around skill level helps at next level.
11. Jayden Bontkes (Langley Christian, 5-11 MB/OH, 27) — One of few athletes in this class with the ability to touch 10 feet. Can play both wings and the middle blocker position.
12. Bianca Te (St. Thomas More, 5-7 L, SFU, 23) — Tenacious defender, excellent in reading game, she’s an outside hitter set to specialize as university libero.
13. Julie Rosenrauch (Port Moody, 5-11 OH, 19) — Jumps well, attack with pace. Has the ability to play both left and right side.
14. Lauren Poirier (Riverside, 6-3 MB, 12) — Imposing force at the net, she can change attack angles of opposing hitters. Can score off one or two feet.
15. Danielle Groenendijk (Duncan Christian, 5-9 OH, 6) — Brings a strong work ethic and ability to attack the ball with pace. High level of compete will add to any team.
Others receiving votes — Saffron Van der Linde (Britannia, 6-0 MB/RS, Taylor Collombin (Brentwood College, 6-1 OH), Ashley Klassen (South Delta, 5-7 beach, Florida International), Kennedy Bonner (South Delta, 6-1 OH), Kate McCorkell (Sa-Hali, 5-10 OH)
(as voted on by the head coaches at UBC, SFU, Trinity Western, UBC Okanagan, Thompson Rivers).
High school, height, position, university destination if known, poll points re listed left to right.
Key — OH-outside hitter; MB-middle blocker; S-setter, Lib-libero