Ducks Tryout Selection Process and Criteria
The goal of the tryout process is to produce an accurate assessment and ranking of all the eligible athletes in each age group, and place them on Ducks teams.
- The Selection Committee will oversee the tryout procedures and determine at its sole discretion the recipient(s) who will be offered a position in the program.
- In the event that an athlete decides not to accept a spot in the program, the Selection Committee will select the next athlete on the waitlist.
- Members of the Selection Committee are required to remove themselves from any discussions, ranking and voting if there exists a conflict of interest.
- The Selection Committee will consist of the Head Coach of each team in that specific age group, the tryout coordinator, and 2 executive members.
- Athletes that are selected will be personally contacted 1-3 days after the last tryout date to commit to a placement on the team.
Authority for Selection
The Ducks Volleyball Club has delegated the Selection Committee the authority for all decision making during the tryout process.
Number of Positions Available
The number of spots available on each team is dependent on the age level, as well as by the level of the athlete pool. Details will be provided at the tryout. Exact allocations will not be known until all tryouts have been completed. In general, 10-12 athletes will be selected for each team.
Ducks Selection Criteria
Select the document below for a specific selection criteria:
Attendance is mandatory – In rare cases when this is not possible to attend a tryout, an exemption can be requested by emailing email@example.com. You will need to send a write-up or athletic resume highlighting your volleyball experience and achievements. Game film and/or reference letters from previous coaches would be good supporting material to include when requesting a tryout exemption. You may also request to come to a different tryout than your age group if the times work better.